Daily Mail

Furious backlash at Labour MP for accusing the media of using 'racist gang tropes' to portray feared career gangster Chris Kaba - as politicians who backed him are told to apologise

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Image
Furious backlash at Labour MP for accusing the media of using 'racist gang tropes' to portray feared career ga - Daily Mail

A Labour MP has provoked fury by accusing the media of poorly portraying Chris Kaba after his real identity as a notorious gangster was finally revealed following the acquittal of the police officer who shot him dead.

Kim Johnson told the House of Commons that the 'media are using racist gang tropes to justify the killing of Chris Kaba' - while other members of the party were urged to apologise after issuing statements supporting the criminal gang member.

Say sorry for backing Chris Kaba: Calls for Jeremy Corbyn, Diane Abbott and Sadiq Khan to apologise for supporting gun gangster after Met marksman exonerated

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Image
Say sorry for backing Chris Kaba: Calls for Jeremy Corbyn, Diane Abbott and Sadiq Khan to apologise for suppor - Daily Mail

Jeremy Corbyn, Sadiq Khan and Diane Abbott have been urged to apologise for supporting criminal gang member Chris Kaba after he was shot dead by police.

Reporting restrictions about the 24-year-old's violent past were dramatically lifted on Tuesday after firearms officer Martyn Blake was found not guilty of his murder.

But in the days and weeks that followed Mr Kaba's death in September 2022, several prominent Labour politicians called for 'justice' after he was gunned down and killed while trying to flee officers during a police stop in Streatham, South London.

Chris Kaba jury wanted to make public statement but were gagged by judge who ruled their note must not be made public

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Image
Chris Kaba jury wanted to make public statement but were gagged by judge who ruled their note must not be made - Daily Mail

The jury in the trial of the police marksman who shot Chris Kaba dead was blocked by the judge from making a public statement on the case, it has emerged.

Martyn Blake was cleared at the Old Bailey on Monday of murdering the 24-year-old during a police stop in Streatham, South London, on September 5, 2022.

Before the jury delivered its not guilty verdict, members had sent a note to Mr Justice Goss asking for permission to also pass comment but this was denied.

Revealed: Judge's chilling prediction about Chris Kaba three years before he was shot by Met Police marksman

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Image
Revealed: Judge's chilling prediction about Chris Kaba three years before he was shot by Met Police marksman - Daily Mail

A judge issued a chilling warning to Chris Kaba about his future three years before he was shot by a Met Police marksman.

Mr Kaba was shot dead by firearms officer Martyn Blake on September 5, 2022 following a police chase which saw him try to flee in an Audi Q8.

The fatal incident happened after armed police started tailing the vehicle, which had been used as a getaway car in a gang-related shooting the night before in Brixton, South London.

Firearms officers' identities will be kept secret during trials to stop others being forced into hiding: Home Secretary unveils new proposals after cop who shot Chris Kaba fled home with £10k bounty o

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Image
Firearms officers' identities will be kept secret during trials to stop others being forced into hiding: Home - Daily Mail

Home Secretary Yvette Cooper has announced firearms officers will have their identities kept secret during criminal trials involving police shootings after an armed sergeant was found not guilty of murdering Chris Kaba.

Sergeant Martyn Blake was acquitted on Monday after shooting dead 24-year-old Mr Kaba in Streatham, south London, but has been forced to flee his home and go into hiding after gangsters put a £10,000 bounty on his head.

Inside the notorious '67 gang': Chris Kaba's Mobo-nominated drill rap 'criminal network' with links to killings, county lines drug dealing and bloody London turf wars

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Image
Inside the notorious '67 gang': Chris Kaba's Mobo-nominated drill rap 'criminal network' with links to killing - Daily Mail

Chris Kaba was a 'core member' in the notorious '67' South London gang and a drill rapper who bragged on camera about knifing rivals, MailOnline can reveal today.

The 67, once championed by Tim Westwood and even nominated for a Music of Black Origin (Mobo) Award, are linked to shootings, stabbings and murders - as well as blackmail, extortion and running county lines drugs networks across the Home Counties.

Chris Kaba's final words before he was shot dead by a Met Police marksman are revealed

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Image
Chris Kaba's final words before he was shot dead by a Met Police marksman are revealed - Daily Mail

Chris Kaba told a friend the police were behind him minutes before he was shot dead through the windscreen of his car by a firearms officer, a court heard today.

Elisha Fizul called the 24-year-old on WhatsApp 10 minutes before he was killed by Martyn Blake during a police stop in Streatham, south London, the Old Bailey was told.

His last words before they lost contact were 'Lish, one sec, I think there is police behind me', jurors heard.

Colleague of Met Police marksman accused of murdering Chris Kaba tells court he was also about to shoot the suspect

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Image
Colleague of Met Police marksman accused of murdering Chris Kaba tells court he was also about to shoot the su - Daily Mail

A colleague of the Met Police officer accused of murdering Chris Kaba has told a court that he was also about to shoot the suspect.

Chris Kaba, 24, was trying to escape police when Martyn Blake, 40, opened fire in Streatham Hill, southwest London, on the evening of September 5, 2022.

Blake is accused of murder after he fired a single shot through the windscreen of Mr Kaba's Audi which had been followed and surrounded by police vehicles.

Hated Low Traffic Neighbourhood that left ambulances gridlocked and buses taking two hours to go three miles could be BACK in days as suspension nears end

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Image
Hated Low Traffic Neighbourhood that left ambulances gridlocked and buses taking two hours to go three miles c - Daily Mail

Are you affected by an LTN? Email: Frankie.Elliott@mailonline.co.uk

A despised Low Traffic Neighbourhood system in south London which left ambulances gridlocked and buses taking two hours to go three miles could be back within days.

The Streatham Wells LTN caused 'chaos' after it was first introduced in October by Mayor of London Sadiq Khan in the hopes of reducing pollution.

Disabled activist claims she was left 'crying all night' after Eurostar 'forced her to prove her disability' as she travelled home from the Paralympics

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Image
Disabled activist claims she was left 'crying all night' after Eurostar 'forced her to prove her disability' a - Daily Mail

A wheelchair user has claimed Eurostar staff prevented her from boarding a service from Paris to London after a 'petty power play'.

Sam Jennings, from Streatham, south London, says she queued for her train at Gare du Nord but was turned away because she did not have a ramp booked, despite her booking a wheelchair space checking in advance if she needed to take any further measures.